Skip to main content

With the rising incidents in schools with time, whom do you think is actually responsible!

Of the many frequent News which I keep reading about some or other mishappenings in schools, the one today was from my own native city, Lucknow. For the ones who do not know about it; it said that in one of the schools in the city an incident was reported where a 6th standard girl, stabbed another girl from the 1st standard who thankfully survived but with multiple injuries. The discussions which I heard and read on the radio, on the social media etc were all about, whom do you think is actually responsible for such incidents? People did talk about the need for understanding a child’s psychology, parenting, to an extent about the school’s and so on and so forth! Though In my own opinion the cause of any such and every such incident is “ALL of us”, you, me and everyone else!
And why so? Let’s try taking it in a simple way; we have come a very long way in a very short time. The 1998 and 2018 has a difference of just 20 years, but we have covered a vast distance! From waiting for phone calls then, we get impatient for people to even receive our calls now;  from striving hard to get an answer then, we are happy to Google and learn it the halfway and easy way now; from shying a little, inhibiting ourselves a little and thinking a little before we did and said anything then, we come across as bold and loud, carefree and without any inhibitions now! Very obviously more than the technologically advanced I would rather say, that we are living in a world where we firmly believe that everything is possible, and where we can neither hear nor accept a NO for anything!
“Rejected me for job, how? I will prove them wrong”; “You think I have a bad voice, look out for how many social media likes I will get!”
We know that there is a way out for everything and we all are in a blind rat race to prove ourselves, and No we just can’t live with any inhibitions this is the 21st century! We can wear what we want to, we can say what we want to, and we can troll and comment and reach out to the most famous people in this world as well!
Proud of living in a world like this? Then know my dear reader that the extreme of living without any inhibitions is abusing whom you want to, torturing whom you want to and stabbing whom you want to! Why are you so surprised at the incidents that you read about in the newspapers my reader when this is the world that you have created for yourself!

If living without inhibitions is what you accept, then you have no right to comment about the inhibition on the right and the wrong things. It’s either knowing that you have to learn to hold yourself back in certain things, accept the criticism and know that you can also be wrong or going ahead in shameless way! There is no midway in the type of scenario where we are living in. The news which you read every day is not about someone's child, some school, some management or some culture it’s a reflection of your own self!
Remember even the best of cars come with gears, we certainly have to go a little back in time, I think we have come way too ahead!
 Vandita! 
You can write to me on vandita5jan@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Veggies/Non-veggies! We choose or we follow!

Bored with my daily routine, and it being a Sunday I planned to go out to shop a little last week! On my way I stopped the auto fella to have a look at the plant nursery to see if I can get something to put in my terrace area. I was over whelmed by the way people were engrossed looking after plants there, someone was spraying water over the leaves while someone was mixing the manure with some insecticides, looking around I was about to step on a tiny sapling when one vendor interrupted me and said “Madam watch out, it will die” “Oops Sorry” I said and stepped aside. I was tempted to take some saplings for my home I sat there for some half an hour where I asked them about the different saplings they had and took three of them. After which I took some instructions on how I should nurture them, how many times to water, how much sunlight is needed etc so that they can grow the best. Within that very short span itself I felt the plants are alive! They need to be taken care of, they need t...

Health beyond COVID-19!

None of us had imagined that we would ever see a crisis in health as huge as the one that we are witnessing currently.   One disease and the entire world has come to a standstill. But then, what is life if we can predict it? Coronavirus, which has shaken everyone with its massive spread, has slowly moved towards community spread in India. Reasons for its relatively slower rise in numbers here can be various. The timely and stringent actions taken by the government, our immunity to survive it due to poor overall hygiene of the country; or the relatively larger number of infections that we already face. However, fear of rising numbers remains, because we are a densely populated land. The losses that COVID has caused are many and grave but then, there is one good thing that it has brought to us as a country. It is our efforts to improve our existing healthcare system. It will be premature to say if these efforts are temporary or permanent but it’s very positive to see how w...

Ranveer Allahbadia is just the tip of the iceberg! #digitalworld

  In a recent incident, popular podcaster and YouTuber Ranveer Allahbadia faced widespread criticism for making an inappropriate remark that was deemed unacceptable by many. Thank God for that, or else we are now a society where everything under the sun is rather normalised. I wouldn’t repeat the remark here, I can’t, it's out of my scope to write anything like that. Anyway, after that so-called remark on a show run by a popular comedian, Samay Raina was aired and shared, the internet was set on fire. I casually opened my Twitter on Sunday and was taken aback by the clip which was being circulated. It looked something like this: Some people, popular in the world of the internet sitting on a panel and roasting a contestant that stood in front of them. A highly vulgar remark was made by Ranveer, and the rest of the panel members along with the audience joined in laughter and applause. ‘Ah! Isn’t all this becoming rather common nowadays!’ was my first reaction, following which ...