Skip to main content

Do you realize what you have or should I take it away from you first !!

After a long tug of war that was going on in my head for I guess months together, I finally submitted my resignation from my current organization. And to my surprise the moment I received a date for my relieving everything around me somewhat changed. The entire experience of my moving to a strange city all by myself, and exploring things people and possibilities hovered over me. All my experiences, happy moments and good gestures by people I met on the way made me a little emotional every day. And at my workplace as well, everyone was much more expressive, and admiring for both my work and my attitude, in short, people became a little more expressive and I became a little more receptive. If both I and my colleagues would have been the same ways while I was regular wouldn’t we have made it much more memorable!

I think for some reason we all are a little hesitant to look at the good side of anything, until of course we know we wont have it anymore. Or in other words it wouldn’t be wrong if I say we don’t appreciate what we have and perhaps always look at the other side of the picture and want what we don’t have. Though we have one single life, I feel we have it comprised of many many days, and by natures grace we have an opportunity to begin each day fresh and new. If we end each day as if we have to begin a new life tomorrow, and live each day as a new being then I guess we’ll have so many lives and so many opportunities, and we can infact appreciate all little good gestures, and everything we have for that single day so much more. Express more frequently and more freely, be thankful for what you have, appreciate and enjoy small moments that make you smile everyday, there is nothing bigger that you need to be happy and be satisfied atleast. After all if being deprived of is something that makes us realise its worth then I guess it will be too late if we realise the worth of life itself when we will be deprived of it. Don’t live the same day for 75 years and call it a life! Make it memorable until its too late! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annoyed by children on board? This read is for you

A recent Instagram post by a well-known celebrity writer read “They should give away free birth control pills on all airlines as a public service.” I juggled for a long time to understand what it meant, but couldn’t until I saw the only hashtag the writer had used as a caption beneath, #annoyingchildrenonboard. This post came after almost a week of relaxing and luxurious holiday that he had in Thailand. As most of the posts by this writer are relatable, at times funny and witty, it took me a while to comprehend what he had written. How could he post such a thing ? I thought, and scrolled through the comments section. In the comments I saw outpouring negativity for little children and their parents inside airplanes. “It’s so irritating!” one comment read, “I wanted to sleep peacefully on my three-hour flight, but the child behind just couldn’t shut up. Why do people produce when they can’t teach their children basic etiquette!!!” “So relatable,” read another, “an annoying baby was cryin

Can we expect Real Growth, from Intelligence that’s Artificial?

Technology has changed so much around us in the past few years, isn’t it? From getting miraculously connected to each other through phones, we have grown multifold since the time mobiles were first introduced. Internet, international connectivity, google search, and social media, we seem to have travelled ahead at the speed of light. While many of us were still adapting to all of this, a big word- artificial intelligence started circulating. Intelligence and artificial, look like two opposite words that have been joined together , is what came to my mind when I first heard about it. Before I could know, this technology, now popular as AI had already infiltrated many apps and websites. Someone asked me if I use ChatGPT, and I got partially shocked to discover what it was. In between all this lately, there was another popular news that mentioned how an MIT graduate had invented a device that could read your mind. He mentioned how it could google questions within your mind and order a p

The story of a “Happening” life!

In the middle of some conversation that I was having with one of my friends, she said “Why don’t you ask your husband to relocate to Delhi, your life will be much more happening there!” Is it?? I wondered! Fortunately I have stayed in many cities across the country and I have visited many countries outside India as well, so I have a decent level of understanding as to how different cultures are, and how things work in places other than my own hometown. Visiting any place for a week or two for tourism is one aspect of any city and working or studying there and following a daily routine there is another aspect of it. When do we call a city or our lives “happening”? As per the modern mans dictionary I suppose it’s when you slog like a donkey in your weekdays but your weekends are all about dance and booze! When you cook lunch and dinners on the weekdays at your own house, but your weekends are full of pizzas and other junk! Or maybe when weekdays are all about routine and boring work