Skip to main content

With all the buzz of Valentines around...Who is your Valentine for the special day!

Bitten by Luv Smuv or still aloof from the love bug? Heart-broken and standing strong, or shedding tears on the ones who left you? Advocator of this day full of love or completely against such special dates! It doesn’t matter to which of the above category you belong, you will inhale and exhale an air full of hearts today on Valentine’s Day. Open the newspapers, turn on the radio, or try shuffling the television channels and I bet it’s the red hearts everywhere.

With the talks and buzz of Valentine’s all over, yesterday at my workplace someone asked me who my Valentine this year was, expecting an obvious answer with a spark in my eye, that, it would be my husband considering that I was recently married. But to their and to my surprise I pondered over it for a little more than obvious time, rather than answering that as a reflex. “Hmm…Valentine! Someone I would want to show my love to on this day” I thought over. My mind was flooded by some facebook posts which I had lately seen some of which said “My son, my Valentine for life”, “My husband, my support, my true Valentine”, “This Valentine’s support a poor and get a Valentine for life” and so on and so forth…Why do I need a Valentine on this day I wondered! Why do I need to stamp my love for my husband, or the dear ones around me? Why can’t I celebrate this day by just spreading smiles around to everyone I meet rather than choosing “the one”? I had my answer and after the long pause my reply was “Well this year I have many Valentine’s and you are one of them”. I promised her a doughnut treat, and well since the day has just begun I am yet to bunk an hour from my hospital and take her out for a little hour of pleasure from the otherwise boring monotonous everyday!  So this Valentine’s I have decided to gift a smile to the ones I meet on an everyday basis since the morning; from my maid who otherwise sees my grumpy face in the morning, to my husband who is always on the giving end on any other regular day I have decided to gift each one of them a smile in some special way of my own. This indeed is a special day, choose your Valentine and make it special in your own way! J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Annoyed by children on board? This read is for you

A recent Instagram post by a well-known celebrity writer read “They should give away free birth control pills on all airlines as a public service.” I juggled for a long time to understand what it meant, but couldn’t until I saw the only hashtag the writer had used as a caption beneath, #annoyingchildrenonboard. This post came after almost a week of relaxing and luxurious holiday that he had in Thailand. As most of the posts by this writer are relatable, at times funny and witty, it took me a while to comprehend what he had written. How could he post such a thing ? I thought, and scrolled through the comments section. In the comments I saw outpouring negativity for little children and their parents inside airplanes. “It’s so irritating!” one comment read, “I wanted to sleep peacefully on my three-hour flight, but the child behind just couldn’t shut up. Why do people produce when they can’t teach their children basic etiquette!!!” “So relatable,” read another, “an annoying baby was cryin

Can we expect Real Growth, from Intelligence that’s Artificial?

Technology has changed so much around us in the past few years, isn’t it? From getting miraculously connected to each other through phones, we have grown multifold since the time mobiles were first introduced. Internet, international connectivity, google search, and social media, we seem to have travelled ahead at the speed of light. While many of us were still adapting to all of this, a big word- artificial intelligence started circulating. Intelligence and artificial, look like two opposite words that have been joined together , is what came to my mind when I first heard about it. Before I could know, this technology, now popular as AI had already infiltrated many apps and websites. Someone asked me if I use ChatGPT, and I got partially shocked to discover what it was. In between all this lately, there was another popular news that mentioned how an MIT graduate had invented a device that could read your mind. He mentioned how it could google questions within your mind and order a p

The story of a “Happening” life!

In the middle of some conversation that I was having with one of my friends, she said “Why don’t you ask your husband to relocate to Delhi, your life will be much more happening there!” Is it?? I wondered! Fortunately I have stayed in many cities across the country and I have visited many countries outside India as well, so I have a decent level of understanding as to how different cultures are, and how things work in places other than my own hometown. Visiting any place for a week or two for tourism is one aspect of any city and working or studying there and following a daily routine there is another aspect of it. When do we call a city or our lives “happening”? As per the modern mans dictionary I suppose it’s when you slog like a donkey in your weekdays but your weekends are all about dance and booze! When you cook lunch and dinners on the weekdays at your own house, but your weekends are full of pizzas and other junk! Or maybe when weekdays are all about routine and boring work