Skip to main content

Veggies/Non-veggies! We choose or we follow!

Bored with my daily routine, and it being a Sunday I planned to go out to shop a little last week! On my way I stopped the auto fella to have a look at the plant nursery to see if I can get something to put in my terrace area. I was over whelmed by the way people were engrossed looking after plants there, someone was spraying water over the leaves while someone was mixing the manure with some insecticides, looking around I was about to step on a tiny sapling when one vendor interrupted me and said “Madam watch out, it will die” “Oops Sorry” I said and stepped aside. I was tempted to take some saplings for my home I sat there for some half an hour where I asked them about the different saplings they had and took three of them. After which I took some instructions on how I should nurture them, how many times to water, how much sunlight is needed etc so that they can grow the best. Within that very short span itself I felt the plants are alive! They need to be taken care of, they need to be understood, they breathe, they grow, and they live!
I see so many judgmental arguments around me of someone being a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian! And why? All because they say the non-vegetarians kill the animals for their food! How about plants then…just because they don’t talk or walk like us doesn’t mean they are lifeless! Observe closely plants come alive! It’s just that they are a little different form of life, with some different requirements than you and me and from the animals around us! Food habits I believe are just a choice and should be an individual’s decision and not a forced obligation due to culture which is blindly followed!

Dear Vegetarians! Who says only animals have life! I have a plant with me, it breathes all the time and it grows everyday! 

Comments

  1. So doctor what do u think one should decide is this scenario...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So doctor what do u think one should decide is this scenario...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Annoyed by children on board? This read is for you

A recent Instagram post by a well-known celebrity writer read “They should give away free birth control pills on all airlines as a public service.” I juggled for a long time to understand what it meant, but couldn’t until I saw the only hashtag the writer had used as a caption beneath, #annoyingchildrenonboard. This post came after almost a week of relaxing and luxurious holiday that he had in Thailand. As most of the posts by this writer are relatable, at times funny and witty, it took me a while to comprehend what he had written. How could he post such a thing ? I thought, and scrolled through the comments section. In the comments I saw outpouring negativity for little children and their parents inside airplanes. “It’s so irritating!” one comment read, “I wanted to sleep peacefully on my three-hour flight, but the child behind just couldn’t shut up. Why do people produce when they can’t teach their children basic etiquette!!!” “So relatable,” read another, “an annoying baby was cryin

Can we expect Real Growth, from Intelligence that’s Artificial?

Technology has changed so much around us in the past few years, isn’t it? From getting miraculously connected to each other through phones, we have grown multifold since the time mobiles were first introduced. Internet, international connectivity, google search, and social media, we seem to have travelled ahead at the speed of light. While many of us were still adapting to all of this, a big word- artificial intelligence started circulating. Intelligence and artificial, look like two opposite words that have been joined together , is what came to my mind when I first heard about it. Before I could know, this technology, now popular as AI had already infiltrated many apps and websites. Someone asked me if I use ChatGPT, and I got partially shocked to discover what it was. In between all this lately, there was another popular news that mentioned how an MIT graduate had invented a device that could read your mind. He mentioned how it could google questions within your mind and order a p

The story of a “Happening” life!

In the middle of some conversation that I was having with one of my friends, she said “Why don’t you ask your husband to relocate to Delhi, your life will be much more happening there!” Is it?? I wondered! Fortunately I have stayed in many cities across the country and I have visited many countries outside India as well, so I have a decent level of understanding as to how different cultures are, and how things work in places other than my own hometown. Visiting any place for a week or two for tourism is one aspect of any city and working or studying there and following a daily routine there is another aspect of it. When do we call a city or our lives “happening”? As per the modern mans dictionary I suppose it’s when you slog like a donkey in your weekdays but your weekends are all about dance and booze! When you cook lunch and dinners on the weekdays at your own house, but your weekends are full of pizzas and other junk! Or maybe when weekdays are all about routine and boring work